Skip to main content

Week 11: Slow but Steady Progress

 Hello  Everyone,

It's been a great week!  Friday we taught 4 lessons!! That was awesome!!! The first one was a guy named John Moore.  He was a referral we got from the Elders in Baltimore City.  We knocked on his door praying he'd be home and he was! He let us in and we taught the restoration! He agreed with it all!! He said that he knew there had to be a prophet on the earth but he didn't know where! How awesome is that?! He accepted a soft invite and we are going back on Wednesday to teach his whole family.  The other one i want to tell you about is George.  I met him on the street a while ago and every time we tried by he was never home.  I convinced my comps to try one more time.  As i knocked i prayed so hard that he would be home.  He answered and let us in. He explained his work schedule was crazy the last little bit and that he was actually about to leave when we knocked.  He thanked us for not giving up on him. He reads the book of Mormon we gave him and has prayed and believes its true.  We are going in later this week to teach him the restoration!
On Sunday we had a  member lesson.  There is a disfellowshipped member we've visited a couple times.  His fiance is really interested and has been taught all the lessons.  Its been a while so we are teaching her again.  She has a really strong feeling and testimony that its true! She wants to get baptized and sealed in the temple! Its so awesome!!!!!

Thanks for all of your prayers and support!
Love,
Elder Bryce Apgood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Provo MTC

Hey everyone!!! I can't tell you enough how happy I am it's P-day! It's been a crazy week and I've learned a ton! The MTC is pretty great, and the food isn't too bad! But exercise time is the best! Me and my comp have been able to teach 3 role play investigators so far. 2 of them we taught for the first time yesterday. One of them was a lady who was in her 70's and her daughters are members. One of them died during child birth, and she had promised her that she'd give the church a chance so she talked to us! The spirit was so strong and it being only our 3rd lesson we had notes ready to use but didn't look at them once! The spirit taught the lesson completely! I don't even remember what we said it was so powerful!! At the end of the lesson we asked her to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know what it and we say is true. At that point she said " I will read it and I will pray. However, I already know what you say is true...

Week 9: TWO MONTHS and Blessings of an Eagle Project

Hello All! Its crazy to think its been 2 months! It feels like it flew by but it has been forever long too!! This week was busy! On Tuesday we just procelited and helped Elder Palmer get ready to leave! Wednesday we dropped him off and got our new companion, Elder Ainsworth.  We got a few groceries, went home and dropped everything off. Then we had service until like 4, planned, studies and went proceliting around 6.  Thursday we had service for someone, after that My comps had a meeting with the DLs so the normal Joe blows got together and I got to drive for the first time in 2 months and we went to a couple of potentials.  After that we went back and did normal proceliting.  Friday we helped a member roof his shed! My Eagle Project came in handy and I shingled it with him! Again we didn't procelite until around 6! Before we went out I said a prayer asking since we didn't have a lot of time to be guided to where we could find someone and maybe get a referral....

Week 2: Provo MTC

Hey Everyone!  I got my itinerary!!! I will NOT get another Pday but we might get to  email Monday ! In class we have been learning about looking for and finding evidences of faith in our investigators.  If they don't feel comfortable praying then have them read or just listen and think.  Last week went by so fast!!!  We get new teachers this week which kinda sucks! i liked my teachers!   I feel like I've grown a lot since I've been here! Somehow its only been 2 weeks! some awesome stuff i want to share with you:  If you don't know if the spirit is telling you something or if its your own thoughts Elder Bednar says " Just quit worrying about it! Go forward with faith and as long as you're worthy you'll have the spirit with you" I love that and i know i have a lot of times where i don't know if its me or the spirit! Another couple quotes i like are "You need to feed your faith before you feed your doubts"  "People don't care ...